Monday, June 1, 2009

Banana Bread Pudding

There were some Banana Quick Bread left overs and I'm unsure if they freeze well so I made bread pudding with them.

I'm not a fan of bread pudding, in fact, I don't like bread pudding. However, I don't want to dump my banana bread into the bin so I came up with this.

The kids had this for tea break today and I'm glad they enjoyed themselves.

Ingredients
2 banana quick bread, muffin size (break into small pieces)
1 TBSP butter, melted
1/3 cup (50g) raisins
2 eggs
250ml milk
70g caster sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Method
  1. Preheat oven to 170C.
  2. Lay bread pieces in 8" round pan. Drizzle melted butter over bread and add raisins
  3. Using a big mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon, mix well till sugar dissolved.
  4. Pour egg mixture over bread. Use a fork to press down the bread so that they are fully soaked in the egg mixture.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 35 - 40 minutes or until centre is set.

No comments: