Saturday, June 27, 2009

Chocolate Waffles

As promised, here's the update on the chocolate waffle I made while staying over at my parents.




Niece S likes waffle so I thought I might as well bring my iron back so I can make some waffles for her and my children. I decided on a chocholate waffle because niece S likes the plain waffle with chocolate fillings. As I do not want to lug back my whole kitchen, I prepared the dry mix at home and packed them into containers.

Brother M was at home when I made these and he ate 3 waffles loaded with butter! That was his lunch by the way.

My parents didn't quite like this as they find it too bitter. My children ate 1 waffle each :) As for niece S, she ate none. She doesn't like chocolate waffles, she only likes plain with chocolate fillings :(


Original recipe yields 6 waffles but if you are using Bluesky like me, you get more waffles. I can't remember exactly how many but I think there should be 8 waffles.

Chocolate Waffles
Makes 6 waffles.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method

  1. In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  2. In a medium bowl, or a large measuring cup, thoroughly whisk together eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
  3. Add to flour mixture and whisk until just smooth.
  4. Preheat waffle iron and make according to directions.
  5. Serve immediately.

No comments: