Friday, July 3, 2009

Yogurt Bread

I didn't realise I've not been blogging for the past 1 week... Have I been busy? Looking back, I didn't bake much, so why ain't I blogging? Instead of staying "glued" to my lappy, I had spent some good quality time with DD1. I've been neglecting her ever since the arrival of DD3. She just started Primary 1 this year but I've left her alone to do her homework and her own revision.

I basically don't have much time to supervise DD1 as DD3 is on total breastfeeding and is a light sleeper, most of my time are spent taking care of DD3. So how do I find time to bake? My bakes are using done during my meals preparation or while the kids are having their meals. Yes, I multi-task. While cooking, I may be whipping up something somewhere in the kitchen, making the best out of my time. I always plan my schedule ahead, so that I can maximise time, effort and energy.

Ever since I went back to my parents to help out during the school holidays, I've not been baking any bread. I was flipping through my recipes and decided on the Yogurt Bread since I've got a big tub sitting in the fridge, calling out to me to utilise it ;-)

Again, I doubled the recipe and yields 8 small buns (50g each) and 4 small loaves (125g each).


I baked this on Wednesday and it's still soft even when we had it for breakfast today :-)

Yogurt Bread
Ingredients
(A)
500g bread flour
30g sugar
1 1/2 tsp yeast

(B)
200g plain yogurt
120g fresh milk
1 egg

(C)
60g butter
6g salt

Method

  1. Mix (A) till well blended. Add (B) to form a dough. Add in (C) and knead until dough is elastic and smooth.
  2. Gather dough to form a ball and cover dough with cling wrap and let it rest for abt 50-60 mins or double in size.
  3. Shape as required and let it proof on lined or greased baking tray for another 50-60 mins or until dough is double in size.
  4. Egg wash the top of the buns and bake in preheated oven at 170-180C for 20 minutes or till the top turns golden brown.
  5. Remove bread to cool on rack completely.

No comments: