63g butter, room temperature
85g light brown sugar
150g sugar syrup
438g plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Sift flour, soda, salt & spices together.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy, add molasses and cream till well mixed.
- Add in the flour and water alternately and mix till combined.
- Rest mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Roll dough on a very lightly floured surface or waxed paper and cut into your desired design. Decorate with currants or chocolate chips (or decorate with royal icing after cookies have cooled).
- Bake for between 10 - 12 minutes depending on the thickness of your cookies. Cookie is done when it springs back lightly when pressed.