Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Braised Chicken with Miso Paste

Many happenings at home and with DH overseas, I'm struggling alone so I'm just going to post another quick entry here, just to show my presence.

This is another recipe with miso paste and my kids love it.  Thanks Anncoo for sharing this great recipe!  I've reduced the seasonings slightly as my cooking is relatively bland.

Braised Chicken with Miso Paste
Ingredients
500g Chicken Thigh - cut to pieces
250g Potatoes - remove skin and cut to pieces
1/2 tbsp Dark soy sauce
1 tbsp Miso paste
1/2 tbsp Garlic - chopped
1/2 tsp Sugar
125 - 150ml Water (estimated)

Seasonings
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tbsp Dark soy sauce

Method
  1. Clean and wash chicken (I like mine with skin removed). Pat dry chicken with kitchen towel and cut to pieces. Marinate chicken with seasonings for 1-2 hours.
  2. Heat enough oil in wok, add chopped garlic and miso paste and fry for a while till aromatic.
  3. Add in chicken pieces with another 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce and sugar, continue to stir fry chicken well.
  4. Lastly add in cut potatoes, mix well with the chicken, add in just enough water to cover the chicken. Bring water to boil and cover with lid, lower heat and simmer for about 20 mins or potatoes soften.
  5. Add a little more water when the sauce dries up a little.
  6. Lastly add corn flour with water as thickening. (optional - I omit).
  7. Serve hot with rice.

8 comments:

ann low said...

So glad you liked this recipe. ;))

Blessed Homemaker said...

Anncoo,
It's a good recipe, I've recommended this to my sis too :-)

Fuat Gencal,
Thanks for visiting.

Jihyeon said...

look nice to eat...

Casey said...

Hope you are doing well!

Normally I used to braise the chicken together with potatoes, carrots and onions with the oyster sauce.

Your braised chicken with miso paste is a new idea for me, it looks yummy, I got miso paste in the freeze (always used to steam fish), will try to cook it.

WendyinKK said...

A few has tried this recipe, I'll join in the bandwagon when I have the mood to cook again

Allie said...

This dish is so yummy! Comfort homecooked food :)

Aunty Liew said...

I love this dish!Yum yum!

Yummy Bakes said...

Yeah, I also cooked this before - very nice.