Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Crispy Roast Pork by Airfryer


I've done this several times using the oven but it seems to take forever for the skin to bubble.  Ever since I bought the Airfryer, I've been wanting to roast pork in it.

Blanch meat, left to cool and marinated in fridge overnight, uncovered.


After 30 mins on 200C, some parts of the skin already bubbled.

I had to leave the house midway through cooking so I turned down the temp to 170C and cook for another 30 mins. When I returned, I turned up the temperature back to 200C and cooked for another 30 mins. All in, it took me 1.5 hrs to complete this roast pork. I'm sure this could be done in a shorter time frame.


Extremely crispy skin, we thought it was better than oven baked.  BTW, I didn't poke the skin with special skewer, just score with a knife after blanching the meat.




For recipe, pls refer here

15 comments:

Little Inbox said...

You make me can't wait to try it with the air fryer. :)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

you use knife to score the skin, the blister effect is difference from using skewer (round and bubbles) lar..anyway, once i got a Airfryer, i also want to use it to roast pork. Thanks for sharing.

ah yng said...

Yummy looking roast pork!! You made me want to get an air fryer :)

Joyce @ Chunky Cooky said...

Wow.. my shopping list is getting longer... i want an air fryer too !

WendyinKK said...

Looks a bit charred, but tasted alright, right?

Blessed Homemaker said...

Little Inbox,
Have your tried? I cook roast pork again a few more times after this attempt. Instead of using 200C, I used 160C for 30 mins, then up the power to 180C for another 30 - 30 mins. Not charred and it is really juicy. Do try it.

Blessed Homemaker said...

Sonia,
Yes, the blistering effect is different. In my last 2 attempts, I didn't score the skin, I just prick with a fork. The skin came out crispy too.

Blessed Homemaker said...

ah yng,
This is definitely a good investment! But you need counter space as it is quite big.

Joyce,
Tell me about it. My shopping list is long too! Hahaha!

Blessed Homemaker said...

Wendy,
Yes, my first attempt is charred as I was in and out of the house. 2 more experiment and I think it's almost perfect now :)

Anonymous said...

i finally tried and it's juicy & crackles!! definitely a recipe to keep! thanks for sharing. btw, do u know how to fry tofu using the airfryer?

Blessed Homemaker said...

Anony,
Thanks for letting me know it turned out well for you. I made it a few more time by lowering the temp to 160C. It is very juicy and not charred.

Not sure which type of bean curd you're referring to but I've tried frying taukwa.

I've also posted a thread on making croutons using the Airfryer.

http://blessedhomemaker.blogspot.sg/2012/06/homemade-croutons-by-airfryer.html

Anonymous said...

hi again,

can share how u fried taukwa using the Airfryer pls? hv u tried with those tofu to make Thai style sweet chilli tofu?

by the way, did u create a tag for Airfryer recipes? cant seem to find, in case i missed out.

thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

May i know what seasonings you use to marinate the pork?

Blessed Homemaker said...

Hi Anony,
I rinse and dry the taukwa with kitchen towels, then coat the taukwa with some oil and fry till crisp on the skin.

Blessed Homemaker said...

Anony,
For recipe, pls refer to the link at the end of this entry.