Monday, September 10, 2012

Simple Bitter gourd with Egg Soup 苦瓜蛋汤

My sister is very active in the RC (Residents' Committee) and she gets to meet the MP (Member of Parliament) whenever there's an event in their neighbourhood.  She learns this soup dish from her MP, Mr Baey Yam Keng and I've been cooking it whenever I need a quick fix.  I have another recipe of cooking bitter gourd with carrot but for that recipe, I need to simmer the soup for an hour.

No hard and fast rules, no exact recipe.  Feel free to adjust the ingredients to suit your family's need.

Bitter gourd Soup
Ingredients
1 bitter gourd, sliced
3-4 eggs, beaten
some shallots (sometimes I use ginger or dried shrimps, depending on what I have)
1000ml - 1200ml dried anchovies stock
Salt and pepper to taste

Method

In a pot, heat up some oil and add shallots/ginger/dried shrimps.  Fry till fragrant.

Add sliced bitter gourd

Stir fry till soft

Pour in beaten eggs

Scramble....

Pour in dried anchovies stock and bring to boil.  Season with salt and pepper, serve hot.

No comments: